Local Project, National Impact--Smart programs are fully supported by Value Added Services provided by the Tech Hub.
- Agriculture: Hydroponics, vertical farming. Productivity and quality increases in food production so profound that the NNK can become a food crescent for urban areas, especially WDC and Richmond. Supply chain technology, logistics to link growers, wholesalers, and re-sellers so farmers can sell their crops before they are planted in an environmentally risk free setting.
- Environment: Use the Chesapeake Bay, the largest estuary in the US, to develop bio technologies to extract pollutants from the Bay and use the high carbon content collected by the process to create fuel. Fuel used by vertical farmers.
- Commerce: eCommerce programs that make all components of the NNK system work at maximum efficiency and make the NNK competitive and relevant to 21st century programs.
- Education: The nature of all these projects produces opportunities for students of all ages to get involved in local projects and develop experiences that become valuable for a lifetime. Project based “on the ground education” as a critical complement to traditional education.
- Healthcare: Creation of an “always on” care network means better monitoring, better care by local care givers. Better health, fewer trips to the ER.